| There is no way I could have gotten this picture the day before. Well, I could have, there just would have been a million people in it. |
I was personally very proud of the 4 of us. Why you ask? Because, we were able to get underground subway tickets, get to the underground subway, make it to the train station, get train tickets, get breakfast, and find the correct train platform all without getting lost!! We were so relieved! We had to switch trains in Linz and again we found it without getting lost. Hooray!! The scenery on the train ride was absolutely beautiful!
When we got to Salzburg the train station had a tourist office that knew right were our hostel was and gave us directions to get there. They also gave us a map! It's very exciting to be given a map when you are in a foreign country. We were so grateful!
Our hostel was called "The Meinenger". We were not as pleased with the service of this hostel but it was clean and the bathroom most certainly gets the "best shower award". Good showers can be very hard to come by in Europe.
We ate at a cute Austrian restaurant and again had amazing food. I got the turkey schnitzel with potatoes and salad. It was really good but not at all what I was expecting. I must be a naive American but my whole life I thought schnitzel was sausage, probably because of the restaurant "Wiener Schnitzel". A hot dog in Austria is called a Frankfurter and Schnitzel is actually breaded and fried meat (it looks a lot like southern fried chicken). We learned how to ask "is the water free" in German but soon found out that NO water is free in Austria.
After dinner we went to see "The Sound of Music" at the Salzburg Marionette Theater. It was fabulous! If you ever make it to Salzburg I highly suggest seeing this! Many thanks to our friend Jessi who suggested it.
![]() |
| We weren't allowed to take photos during the performance but somebody did. I however stole this from Bethany's blog who I assume got it from the internet, I guess. |
After the theater we stopped in a restaurant for dessert. Once in the restaurant we realized it was Greek. But, it was yummy! Our waiter was pretty cute and Katie, Liz, and Bethany kept teasing me about him. They asked me if I had an exit plan to which Bethany replied, "just walk out the door marked exit". We laughed so hard!

No comments:
Post a Comment